Advertisement

Trying Pat's Rates--it's a bit like wearing someone else's shoes!

Trying Pat's Rates--it's a bit like wearing someone else's shoes! Check out this video and compare it to some of my others--can you see a difference in the video? If so, share it in the comments below!

For a long time, Pat and I have flown *nearly* identical quadcopters. A component or two might be unique to our quadcopters, but somewhere along the line our rates changed.

As Pat tinkered with different rates, I would try out his experiments on his own drone until one time I crashed his quadcopter into the top of a tree. I felt awful and stopped following along.

Betaflight has had different profiles for rates for a long time and I opted to set up a profile in my own quadcopter with Pat's rates in it. That way I could switch between my normal rate profile and Pat's to see which I liked better.

Pat's done a fantastic job further tuning his quadcopter. I definitely felt more in control of what the quadcopter was doing. My understanding of the rate profiles is naive at best and probably a bit ignorant, I'd expected to feel less in control.

shoes!

Post a Comment

0 Comments