Advertisement

Using an Alaskan Mill to turn dead trees into wood you can use

Using an Alaskan Mill to turn dead trees into wood you can use After trying to mill planks all sorts of ways, I finally bought an Alaskan Mill. Today we'll assemble our new mill, install it on my Stihl MS462, figure out how to use it, and make some oak planks. Maybe we'll even have some laughs. Enjoy!

This is the one I bought
I have a 25" bar, but the 24" fit great. I have no doubt that a bigger one would allow me to squeeze out a slightly wider plank, but the next step up appears to be 36", and I don't want to carry that around.

For anyone who inevitably asks if I'm using a ripping chain... I tried one and decided to take it off. I'm not trying to make smooth planks since these will all be used on bike features where we need the traction. To switch chains any time I need to do a different kind of cutting is also a hassle.

Follow me on Instagram
Berm Peak Merch

Alaskan Mill,chainsaw,outdoors,backyard,DIY,home,chainsaw mill,stihl,

Post a Comment

0 Comments