Advertisement

You've Got the Love - Lockdown Sessions

You've Got the Love - Lockdown Sessions This week our Lockdown Session has been chosen by our amazing Oboist Bea Hubble. Bea sadly lost her father to Covid-19 related issues a couple of weeks ago. She’s written a beautiful message below and this video is dedicated to his memory. We hope that this video can bring comfort to anyone who has lost a loved one ❤️

#stayathome #stayhome #youvegotthelove

Dads. Everyone’s got a unique relationship with theirs; with all the highs and lows - which a lifetime of knowing someone should have.
We weren’t any different, dad. Sometimes we were absolutely best pals, completely on the same wavelength and we’d laugh until neither of us could breathe with tears running down our faces. Then again, sometimes we’d have absolutely no idea what each other were talking about and be furious at each other that we couldn’t agree. And when neither of us felt like speaking, I’d just come and lean on you on the sofa and you put your arm round my shoulders and make that comforting ‘mmhm’ noise in your throat and we’d both feel safe.
I’m glad I’ve got all these mixed memories of you dad, good stuff and bad all together. It keeps you real for me now that you’re gone and I’ll always need you to be real for me. Whatever anyone says, children always need their parents.
This lockdown meant that we’d never been physically further from each other. It was awful not being able to jump in the car and drive straight down when you had to go into hospital in March. It was awful hearing from mum about all the restrictions on visiting you, though we could all understand why. We just wanted you to be safe and well and able to get home.
It was hard hearing it sometimes, but I’m glad you were always so honest with me about what you thought about my playing and work.
When you liked something, I knew you really meant it and were never humouring me. When mum played you the first Kaleidoscope lockdown session, she said you thought it was brilliant and you were so proud. Not just of the music but that we were finding a way to keep music alive for people while we were all shut away.
Pop music was never really your thing, dad but I’m glad you liked that track and I hope you’d like this new one that we dedicate to you. I’m standing in front of your unbelievable, enormous vinyl collection in the video, what an amazing musical legacy to leave us. We’ll keep listening and loving the music you collected.
This new track popped into mum’s head the day after we lost you. She and I had three minutes of happiness and oblivion amongst the awfulness, dancing and singing together round the kitchen. The lyrics meant so much to us at that moment, both for each other and for keeping your love alive with us.
I wish your full and brilliant life hadn’t had to end with you by yourself in hospital.
I hope you know all the family were completely there with you in spirit, holding your hands and telling you we love you.
I’m so proud to have had you as my dad and I’ll thank you every day for encouraging me into this world of music. Without you, I’d never have gone to music college, met all these amazing people and have a career that’s just right for me now.
Thank you, dad.
You’ve got the love I need to see me through.

John Hubble
23/07/33 - 01/04/20
Lecturer, music lover, thinker.
Beloved husband, father and grandfather

#stayhome #stayathome #kaleidoscopeorchestra

youvegotthellove,kaleidoscopeorchestra,lockdown,stayathome,stayhome,orchestra playing pop songs,live orchestra,live music,orchestra playing youve got the love,youve got the love orchestra,florence and the machine orchestra,candi staton youvegotthelove,candi staton youve got the love,candi staton you've got the love,orchestra playing covers,kaleidoscope orchestra,orchestra music,classical music,dedication,in memory,spread love,covid19,coronavirus,

Post a Comment

0 Comments