Advertisement

My Knives, How Often I Use Them. Swedish M|1848 Faskinkniv, Mora, Kabar, Kukri, Helle Lappland, M8A1

My Knives, How Often I Use Them. Swedish M|1848 Faskinkniv, Mora, Kabar, Kukri, Helle Lappland, M8A1 Here is my little collection of knives.

The type that I use constantly is the Mora knife both EDC and in the bush.

The Helle Lappland is used mainly at home, however it does go with me occasionally during camping/hunting. I did not purchase it, but I really like it after using it.

The USM8A1, I don't really use it, but it isn't worth enough for me to sell it. I can't remember if I bought it as a kid 35 years ago or if it was issued to me with the USMC 32 years ago and I didn't turn it in.

The Kabar I haven't used for 8 years and it sits in a drawer for self-defense. It is robust, but not as functional as my other knives.

The Kukri is a great beater knife that I use mainly at home, however I do take it out if I expect to go off trail. It is heavy, so I don't like carry it often because the "snowflakes" in my area don't see it as menacing.

The fascine knife I have barely used, but it looks promising so far. It has chopped down a 3 inch madrone tree on no time, even though I have not finished sharpening it. My first assumption that the blade was ground down appears to be true and thus I am just going to use it. They are difficult to find and I like to use my items even if intermittently.

Any questions or comments?

Lappland,

Post a Comment

0 Comments